 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2033
Re: RIS 2.0 Release Date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:01:19 GMT

This may not answer any of your questions, but you can get the Robotics
Invention Set 1.5 at Costco for $150.00 plus shipping.

Alan Carmack
Pflugerville, Texas
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Jetleb" <jetleb@netcom.ca>
To: <lugnet.lego.direct@lugnet.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 10:30 PM
Subject: RIS 2.0 Release Date

Would it be possible to get an official, definiative release
date/period/quarter for Midstorms RIS2.0? I've been hearing early
March, late March, August, and Fall all depending on who's doing the
talking.

A specific release date would be nice, but I'd settle for a particular
month or even a season just so we can get our messages to one another
straight.

In my particular case, I have a RIS1.5 on order from Future Shop
which, after 6 weeks, hasn't arrived. The have indicated that they are
sold out and have it on back-order from the manufacturer (obviously
you guys) and I have to figure that will mean it will be a RIS2.0
instead. If it's coming out in March (or even April), I don't mind
waiting, but if it isn't going to be untill Fall, I might as well buy
one from ToysRus and pay the higher price. I just wish I could get
some reliable information.

On a related note; if I do get a RIS2.0 instead, I'm going to have a
problem because my older computer doesn't have a USB port. I
understand that the RIS2.0 IR tower will use USB instead of RS232 as
an interface and that's going to leave me high and dry. Will it be
possible to trade in the tower for an older RS232 model when it
arrives?

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ