 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2006
  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

Hi Gary, I asked around about this, and as far as I was able to find out, TLC is not planning any "40th Anniversary" celebrations in 2001. The official date that we are counting from appears to be 1973 for the US, as you noted below. So that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

Thanks Tomas, If memory serves me correctly LEGO Chairman Kjeld Kirk Kristiensen (KKK) helped start up the USA/LEGO in Enfield. That was before he became Chairman. Is his father GKC still alive. I thought not, but at the moment I'm not sure. I know (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Old question for LEGO Direct

(...) Gary, Godtfred Kirk Christiansen died on July 13, 1995. (...) I think LEGO should use the earlier Samsonite date too...it is misleading to claim a date of 1973 when the LEGO brand was established many years before (and besides, it just doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)