 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 147
    Re: Why Lego, Why —Matthew Miller
   (...) They have new cylinders which they call hydraulic. They're actually spring-based shock absorbers with a pneumatic cushion -- no real hydraulics involved at all. And unlike the old pneumatic system, they can't be interconnected. (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Why Lego, Why —Geoffrey Hyde
   Is that like those compressed-air automatic door dampeners and closers? IMHO, that's a really poor substitute for real pneumatics, and is in no way hydraulic. I don't mean to be sounding mad or anything, but can't TLG stick with something that (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Why Lego, Why —Matthew Miller
   (...) I don't think that this is meant to be a substitute for the pneumatic system. It's just a fancier shock absorber. [ ft -> .technic ] (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Why Lego, Why —David Drew
    "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn8k9lp5.rt8.....bu.edu... (...) Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that is all it's mean to be. Just a spring with an inbuilt dampener, so that it has a much slower rebound. If you used one of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.technic)