 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *954 (-10)
  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I think keeping it simple like the rest of the color names is good. Here's a few more - faded green or weathered green. I wonder what TLC is calling it? I mean besides NEW :-) Julie (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I was thinking along those lines too, but I think 'Liberty Green', due to the uniqueness of the Statue and the uniqueness (up to this point) of the set. We may never see these colour bricks elsewhere, though I hope we do. pete.w (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

In lugnet.general, John Matthews writes: Since we haven't given any other color a fancy name (light blue and dark grey, and not charcoal or azure, etc) I think that we should stick to something simple like "Dull Green." greg (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

As copper weathers, it gains a patina. This is what gives the copper the green color. I would suggest 'patina green' as the name we use for the color. Build On! John Matthews Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I'm Canadian, and I still think it's a good name. The statue that the model is made of is known around the world, (and wasn't it in fact built in France anyway?) It represents freedom, which we will have at least a little more of with the new (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Water Temple MOC

I'm hoping that it is not a pipe dream to be able to order 2x2 rounds in the future! In fact, I'm counting on it so I can add proper columns to my currently "columnless" group of buildings (Brad: white 2x2s please). I agree with you - ordering (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Steve Bliss wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, so what's your point? <g,d,r> -John (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) "Liberty Green" seems kinda US-centric to me. If this is the only set this color is used in, it won't matter, but if verdigris starts popping up in other themes, it would matter. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

Technically, I think verdigris would be the best. However, if someone who didn't know the etymology of the term read a description stating that a 1x2 brick was "verdigris", they would have no clue as to what color the brick was unless they had (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Technic Beams Needed

When I called S@H yesterday to (finally) order dozens of the 5235 Technic beam pack, I discovered to my horror that it was permanently out of stock. Technic beams are more basic to me than a 2x4 brick - I expected to buy hundreds of the 5235. (If (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact