 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1374 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Very true. How many people would buy a metroliner or a black seas baracuda or any other so called "rare" set just because its "rare" and/or valuable? I certainly woudnt. There are only 2 reasons I buy lego: Because I like the design of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

(...) Mark Sandlin wrote: (...) Stuffit is the culprit... it's claiming the ZIP files are corrupted... Oh well... If LEGO wants me to watch their little movies, then they can post them online like everyone else does... The days of downloading a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm not sure this is completely true, inasmuch as the desirable parts have intrinsic value (contrast with highly desirable collectible stamps). I for one will always value train windows at a non zero amount, because I actually use them in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well said, Lars! That's it exactly! I think this is the stance most in the GoB take. If you'll recall, there have been people in the past who copied my first publicly sold model. That's fine by me, and I said so at the time, as they were doing (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Desirable parts (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) You're joking, right? Garage doors are desirable (highly). If they start selling them Bulk, they're STILL desirable. To BUILD with. I don't amass certain parts because they are desirable (that would be silly, as it would cost me way too much (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I've been reading this thread with interest. The PC industry was created when Compaq reverse engineered the BIOS chip on the IBM PC back in the early 80's. All other components of the computer were bought from other sources. The only chip IBM (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Ok, I'm not sure how it's bad yet... (...) That's because you might be able to get one cheaper, I assume? Is that bad? I'd call it good... (...) That's actually pretty good, too, since now I can buy the instructions (or get 'em off brickshelf) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Does this mean I should stop looking for those $500 Lego 7750 trains on eBay, where all I really want are the big red train wheels? You know, if it sounds too good to be true... (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) What he said. :-/ Thanks, Franklin (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Why not take this over to .debate?? -Tim (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This reply/thread is for the posting of messages from people who believe that everyone's creations are theirs only, and must be paid for. Please post your replies HERE. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This message is for any messages SUPPORTING Lego designs being traded freely, without any costs. Reply with your arguments here. (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This is incredible. I have created a self-sustaining argument over Lego rights. This is actually, in a strange, twisted way, funny. I never thought that debates like this would carry over into Lugnet. And never intended to start a debate in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If they would even issue PDFs of the stickers so that they were scaled properly, that would be awesome. I'd print them out myself on the color printer and use them. The custom generator for the Silver Champion stickers doesn't work at all: (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

If LEGO offers all the 'desireable' parts, then they no longer are desireable. LEGO would never do this as it would kill off a good deal of their business, namely, AFOLs. Build On! John Matthews Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I would imagine that the folowing might cause problems: 1.licenced sets like SW (lucasfilm might not want the instructions to go online) 2.promotional sets (like the shell gas station sets) 3.sets that they have lost the instructions for or (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) "Within a year building instructions for LEGO sets developed since 1955 will be accessible online." It does obviously NOT say the following: ---Within a year building instructions for *all* LEGO sets... I rather read it this way: ---Within a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think you've got much of an argument here. As long as I credit the creator, and am not republishing or selling their work, then you're out of luck trying to sue me. If I build a model based on pictures of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I buy lego sets for the designs, and for the experience of building someone else's design. I really feel that building a set is a form of performance art, and the lego instruction developers are true artists, and it is fun to see things come (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) And another word I hope they'll not overlook - Linux, Linux, Linux, Linux!! Regards, ROSCO (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact