 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1309 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Wow. I never expected to see this post from Tony K. If someone had told me about it before I read it, I would have told them to get their eyes checked. :) Steve (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) US-centric (and LUGNET-centric). The only international mention (other than TLC employees) is of ITLUG, UKLUG, and VLC. A couple of glaring omissions are De Bouwsteen and the German community at (URL) (specifically, (URL)). Steve (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I am really surprised by this too - especially since a lot of AFOLs, more or less, do not buy all that much new Lego. Even sales at 10% would surprises me. Come on Brad? You must know! Tell us your secrets (the Lego ones). (...) Me too. Scott (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Did any else notice the statistics in the "Dot-com crowd loves Lego" article? (URL) article quoted Shannon Hartnett from TLC - "She said U.S. sales to this group are up close to 8% from 1998, and nearly one in 10 Lego buyers is now a grownup, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3y9xt7q3s.fsf@...ldomain... (...) Hmm. As I just finished posting, before readin this, :-) ...it would be great if this software could import DAT files and convert them itself (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I agree. Funny how that works out. --Steve Martin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CAD formats (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5561G.6xp@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) or (...) all (...) or (...) the (...) It would be great if somehow TLC worked with the LCAD community to develop this software, and allowed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Basically, this is all about the economic side of things. Who cares? This is a free market. People will buy what they want. As much as I have used and appreciate what AucZILLA, Brickbay, etc. have done for making available specific pieces and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) They certainly use the gallery - a link to the Globe and Mail article ("Dot-com crowd loves LEGO") that I scanned and posted there in August was on their media links page for this press release. (URL) just about died when I saw it. (...) It (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) This is excellent news! I can see an excellent possibility with the release of instructions on-line, perhaps there will be a 'Buy the parts for this set' button along with each set's instructions? i.e. they might essentially end up (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I have been referred to Kevin's site by TLG when I asked for a copy of old instructions. (...) I have my doubts as to how far back the official Lego archives go. I would be impressed if they have instructions going all the way back to 1955 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Re-release of classical sets?

(...) The last I heard was no, LEGO will not re-release any sets. Mind you, I do not remember the source of that so at best it is a rumour and at worst it is true. :-( Sorry, Jude (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If push came to shove you could always use virtual PC. I don't see how they could avoid the mac though. Darrell King (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

did i read that correctly ... does that say that all the instructions will be available on line ... i can't wait .. that means instructions for the 1817, 1475, old maersk truck etc. i sincerely hope it includes all these promotion sets oh it will be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm guessing that TLC uses the word "free" in the meaning "gratis", not "free" as in "Free Software Foundation". I would be very surprised if TLC are going to use the LDraw format. It has far too many difficult issues for them to use it. If we (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Perhaps. I have good reason to believe that TLC uses Kevin's site now, internally. Or perhaps (the scan part of) Kevin's site will be made obsolete. I suspect that if TLC did a bang up job, it would not bother Kevin too much, running (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Something like "if you wandered in here from the pressrelease <backlink>, that list is incomplete and may be out of date, click on the globe for a complete list" Journalists aren't always the greatest at connecting dots and drawing inferences, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  CAD formats (was Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) One hopes for the latter but fears for the former. We have a licensing problem with the parts library, which we need to address, quickly, IMHO, or stumbling blocks of our own making could prevent TLC legal from approving use of the LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Alrite!! I can finally 'design' a Metroliner and order all the bricks on-line. And how about all those classic space sets that are missing from my collection.... Mark "my bank-account sgonna faint in 2002" de Kock (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I can't read it! No cookies

(...) There's a lot to copy, and little benefit to most from doing so, I suggest that the most efficient thing to do may be for you to go to the front page, turn cookies on, read the stuff, then turn them off again. Or just leave them on. ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact