 LEGO Company / Pitsco-LEGO Dacta / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
But what about the Technics Bins??????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.dacta
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:03:57 GMT

Thanks for your response.  Regarding pricing differentials I was thinking in
particular about the solar panels - now priced far higher bundled with
connecting wires while SAH has them alone at the original lower
prices.....minor point.

However, you did "jump over" one topic, an area that seemed to have touched
a nerve (and longing need) on the part of many here:  Bulk amounts of
classic Technic Beams, Plates, wheels and such - prefereably in a range of
colors.  This does seem like something of a natural as the teachers I know
that use Legos are always clammering for more.  The color range DOES make it
easier to have teams working with a set stoctk of parts.

From my original post:

<<I have put together "component kits" that work with any of the intelligent
bricks.  They are color coded - with all plates, beams and where possible
wheels one color - red, blue, yellow, white, black, grey, green.  It has
been a bear to put these sets together - getting parts here and there, but
worth it.  The Tech teachers at the Middle School thought this was a
"brilliant" concept (for clean-up and to keep parts within groups - no
"borrowing").

I think this would be a natural for PITSCO - tubs of Technic parts in a
dozen colors.  Either a uniform selection of a WIDE range of parts (ALL
beams, plates, some wheels, etc) in ALL colors in each tub - OR a tub with
components that are all ONE color.   I concede that some colors might move
slower than others, but - from my experience, an even dozen colors would
provide a perfect selection:

RED, BLUE, YELLOW, BLACK        relatively common now
WHITE, LT. GREY, GREEN, DK. GREY      varying rarity
TURQUOISE, ORANGE, PURPLE, BROWN       rare to non-existent

Others seem equally enthralled with the concept.  A production run of beams
and plates, changing only color feedstock and a packaging run could hardly
be that expensive to LEGO.>>