 LEGO Company / 65
64  |  66
Subject:
Lego the Bully
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:51:45 GMT

Did anyone look at FBTB today? Seems that Lego strong armed Tim to remove the
list of 2001 Lego sets from the page. Has Lego done this before? It seems to me
that since the information was not gotten from a source inside Lego (whether or
not it may have been independently confirmed by such a source), and since the
Target employee who initially provided the info insists that such info is
available to any customer who knows to ask for it, then Lego does not have the
right to prohibit the dissemination of the info, though it may be in their best
interest to attempt to do so. I understand Tim's position, and I respect the
compromises he makes to maintian the overall integrity of the site, but I think
Lego crosses the line and injures its image and the good will of its customers
when it makes such a move. I can only hope that Lego offered Tim some
compensation for doing them