 LEGO Company / 445
Re: 10053.. is it accurate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:59:26 GMT

Thank you for bringing our attention to this mistake.  We have now adjusted
the image to show the correct pieces that are included in #10053 black roof
tiles.  The image of the inverted roof brick was incorrect.  This set only
includes roof ridge tiles and no inverted pieces.

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?prod_id=10053

The way the text was written was also a bit unclear.  I have adjusted this
text to be clear on the pieces and degree of slope.

Sorry for the confusion!

Danielle Couture
Producer, LEGO Direct

In lugnet.lego, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.lego, Jarid Lukin writes:
Lenny/Kevin,
We are currently looking into the confusion with this product and will get
back to you with the correct assortment shortly.  In the meantime, to avoid
confusion, we have temporarily removed this item from the site.

Bummer.... I just ordered one today.  :(

For what it's worth.  It would certainly be more useful if those were the
2x2 ridged tiles (roof peaks?) rather than the 2x2 inverse slopes.  It isn't
often that you find a roof that is exactly a multiple of 4 in length.  :)

Still hoping to build a black roof someday,
Allan B.

Jarid Lukin
Commerce Business Manager
LEGO Direct

In lugnet.lego, Kevin Wilson writes:
leonard hoffman wrote in message ...
I am thinking about making a LEGO bulk purchase with some birthday money, • and I
would like to have confirmation that the picture online for 10053 is • accurate.
I ask because the wording and the picture don't seem to agree perfectly
(specifically concerning the "2x2/25 degree Ridged Tile" which appears to • be a
2x2 Black inverse Slope at 45 degrees.

I've asked this question too, but I doubt if we'll see an answer until
someone has had time to receive an order of them. My guess is that Lego made
a mistake in the picture (which happens fairly regularly).

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm