 LEGO Company / 432
Re: Recycling Lego Baggies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:33:30 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
Inspired by the recent post:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=422

I understand not making the BRICKS out of plastic that might be recycled,
since you don't want to sacrifice quality, but what about the little plastic
baggies that the pieces come in? I must go through hundreds or thousands of
those little baggies in year-- are they recyclable? Could they be?

I've been wondering this for years myself.  It would depend on what type
of plastic they are made of.  It's pretty doubtful that many
municipalities have the facilities to deal with recycling of this
plastic.  I would be curious for an offical answer on this as well.

Here are some ideas in the meantime:
1) Use them to pack parts for LEGO orders (e.g. Bricklink)
2) I used them last time I moved to as packing material (I had emptied
lots unopened sets to save packing space)

-chris

ps. although not related directly to this topic, i came across a story
on cnn.com about a group of people who are collecting free AOL cds to
dump on AOLs doorstep. it's about time!