 LEGO Company / 392
  LEGO Suggested Ages of Play

Looking over some old product catalogues from the seventies, Duplo products used to be listed as ages 1 to 3 and the classic creator sets started at 3. Now I see Duplo / Explorer sets starting at anywhere from 1.5 to 3 years old as the minimum age, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Suggested Ages of Play

(...) Well, myself being the father of a 2 year old, I can say that my wife and I don't pay a ton of attention to the age limits on toys. I find that they are more there for liability reasons that for functional reasons. Granted kids grow and mature (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGO Suggested Ages of Play

(...) Decide for yourself. One Step Ahead (and I'm sure other vendors) makes a simple choking hazard tester that's great for evaluating small toys. There are lots of Primo/Baby stacking toys available. Also, check out the new Explorer musical toys. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.primo)