 LEGO Company / 3647
Re: 3039 (Slope 45 degree 2x2) molds are wearing out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:42:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I’ve been meaning to post this for quite a while but have forgotten to. This post reminded me.

Regarding from the year 2006 that contain piece 3309, Slope 45 2 x 2

The slope part of these bricks is supposed to be pretty rough, but recently I’ve noticed that new pieces have been very smooth, some to the point that the rough texture is almost gone. Clearly, the molds are wearing out.

Brand new inverted versions of this piece are fine, as are brand new 1 x 2 slope bricks.

I’m happy to contact customer service to point this out, too, but any LEGO Ambassadors or LEGO employees reading this can probably tell the people who need to know about it faster than I can.

I haven’t gotten any 2007 sets yet, so maybe this has already been addressed, but if not, it needs to be.

Thanks!

For what I know, the rough on slopes will disappear on future. I don’t know if is a certain thing and how the change will be (all parts at same time or when molds are substituted).

LBaixinho