 LEGO Company / 3522
Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:20:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   It’s with great pleasure I announce the next cycle of the LEGO Ambassadors. There were a great number of applications, with almost all of the current Ambassadors re-applying. The application pool spanned the globe, and were chocked full of personal factoids, event recaps, hilarious stories, and other LEGO Moments.

Thanks very much to everyone who submitted an application. The field was incredible this time, and decisions were tough. Reading about all that is happening in the community reminded me how amazing this community is.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

This time around, are the ambassadors going to be given anything to communicate back to the communities they’ve been picked from?

It seems that the first round were all immediately given NDAs to sign, preventing them from divulging any information whatsoever.

The ambassador program has been used as a great source of information on local communities of Lego fans, but it appears to have been a blatant one-way process, with nothing being given back to the community. That’s not what I understand by the term ‘ambassador’.

If these people have been involved in the development of the Factory system, why is it left to a few ousiders to try and ‘hack’ the system to figure out how it works? Why wasn’t there an ambassador ready to explain it the day it opened?

I can understand the need to keep some secrets, such as the new train technology, but now the gist of it is public knowledge, why not have the ambassadors opening discussion to canvas opinion? You may or may not be reading the chatter in lugnet.trains - we don’t know - but surely it would be more productive to have an ambassador pooling appropriate opinions from their community?

It seems as though the only incentive to being an ambassador is to get information before anyone else, even if it means you still have to keep everyone else in the dark. To me that just seems the wrong way to go about it.

Jason Railton