 LEGO Company / 3482
  Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

Hi all, I bought me in the past year 10 brand new train motors through Bricklink, because they are much cheaper then S@H. I do have now 2 bad motors among those 10. One is working but when running, gives a screaming noise to get cold chils in your (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

I have had no problem at all getting replacement parts through consumer affairs. I actually had a train motor that I had dropped, breaking of the peg on top. I called consumer affairs and told them what happened, explaining that I dropped it, and (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brand new defective train motors - Lego Consumerservice

(...) Ludo- A few comments: 1. I have a lot newly acquired experience in servicing LEGO train motors since we switched SCLTC to DCC. Before DCC, when a motor went bad, we would only retire it from service. Now, we take perfectly good motors apart to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, FTX)