 LEGO Company / 3481
3480  |  3482
Subject:
Help a grad student - win a Sandcrawler!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:16:14 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I posted this on my blog and wanted to also pass it along here.

===

In any job, there are functions that pop up that you never really consider in the job interview. Some of these are silly, annoying things expense report documention, others are way cool.

One of my way cool functions is that I get to talk to students on a regular basis about what we do. At least once a month, on average, I have a pretty in-depth conversation about what we are doing as a company with innovation, the adult community, etc. It’s great fun, and helps to provide a good “check” for me to see if we’re still on course with our intentions for the year and for our small group.

Recently, Saher came to me and asked for some input into a research project he’s doing for his Masters degree. I walked him through the background of the TLG/AFOL relationship, and probably made his head explode I packed him so full of info. (If you can’t tell, I absolutely love to talk about community!)

Saher is interested in finding out more in-depth about what makes the AFOLs tick, from the mouths of the AFOLs... so to speak. He’s asked me to pass along a link to the session, which I was happy to do.

https://secure.brainjuicer.com/JQV000050/

He’s even worked out a prize for one lucky person at the end of the session - a LEGO Sandcrawler set. The survey is pretty quick, and the questions are fun to answer (it actually made me think about my hobby).

===

Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team