 LEGO Company / 3439
Re: LEGO Stores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 04:49:06 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Scott Lyttle wrote:
In lugnet.lego, George Edward Godwin wrote:
Does anyone know if the LEGO stores are "company" stores or franchises? I assume
they are "company" stores (owned and operated by TLG) but was curious.

Ted

The LEGO stores are owned and operated via LEGO Brand Retail (LBR), a subgroub
in TLG.  The US stores are headquartered in Enfield.

There is only one franchise, and that's in Dubai.  There are 23 (soon to be 26--stores in MA, CA and OR coming) LEGO stores in the US, (3 imagination centers, 3 outlets (soon to be 4), and 16 "yellow" stores (soon to be 18).   I can't recall how many there are in Europe, but you can find out by going to www.lego.com, there is a store locator link on the main page.

Scott Lyttle
Supervisor, Discover Mills LEGO outlet
LBR US trainer for product knowledge and customer service

Figures,

30 Million people in Michigan, Ohio and Ontario, and not one store......

Gary Istok