 LEGO Company / 3090
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:56:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Mike Walsh wrote:

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message

Neither of these posts by LEGO employees is a Press Release.  If these posts
are what Ken is referring to as Press Releases then he should stop doing so
because it is very misleading.  The posts by Jake and Jan do not resemble
anything similar to the press releases found on the LEGO web site:
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=press

Mike

Obviously at this point the press release has been pulled. I was virtuly
identical as the post Jake put up acting as a representitive of TLC. It was also
marketed so by SHO and the "limited" aspect was played up there more than
anywhere. Nothing misleading here.-Ken

This is laughable.

It would be near impossible for a company to make a press release disappear.
When comapnies issue press releases they go out over the wire and news sources
pick them up.  So if LEGO did remove a copy of a press release form their own
web site (which I seriously doubt) then I am sure some news agency has a copy of
it somewhere.

As for 10152 appearing in the S@H catalog, I recall it being on the back cover
of one of them, probably the Spring 2004 issue.  Does anyone have one handy?  If
so, can you scan it in and post it on BrickShelf so we can all read the 10152
description?  I would not be surprised if the "Limited Quantities, Order Now"
icon appeared with the description but TLC does that all the time when inventory
is low and a set is not scheduled for production again.

Mike