 LEGO Company / 3042
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:11:02 GMT

Yes, I'm sure AFOLs are more aware of sales and hot deals and pay less
per brick than a casual LEGO shopper (exception: those who just pick
up 4496's at Wal-Mart; $14.88 for 1000 bricks is hard to beat).

On the other hand, AFOLs but orders of magnitude more sets and bricks
than a casual LEGO shopper, and also buys the high-end sets a casual
shopper will never see (because big retailers such as Wal-Mart and TRU
don't carry them) -- the 10152 Maersk ship, the Imperial Star Destroyer,
the entire Trains line.  I would also guess that AFOLs buy most Mindstorms
sets, at least until recently with the FLL stuff getting rolling.

"Anders Isaksson" <isaksson.etuna@REMOVEtelia.com> wrote in message
Fredrik Nyman wrote:

If LEGO was an airline, AFOLs would be the first class and business
class frequent flyers, who bring in the most money per mile (brick).

I sincerely doubt that. I think the AFOLs are much more price-aware that
the casual Lego buyer. Even though the posts about FOTW:s (and FOTM:s and
FOTY:s) have dwindled here on lugnet, I do believe that the 'typical' AFOL
is giving TLC *less* money per brick even if they buy more bricks than the
'typical' non-AFOL.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm