 LEGO Company / 3031
Re: 10152 Update: What has TLC to do to bring YOU up against them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 03:53:09 GMT

Your thought process, as enumerated below, is flabergasting in the scope of
its naivete.

You realize that Lego is fighting for its very survival, no?

Maybe you're right. Better to have those kindly Danes keep making the brick
until the company is bankrupt. Fabulous!

Lego made a serious tactical error in allowing Mega Bloks to become an
established brand. But they did, and must now deal with the consequences.
One of these consequences is massive cost restructuring.

I was at the Toys R Us in Manhattan today, where a massive Lego display sits
side by side with a massive Mega Bloks display. An excellent setup for
side-by-side comparisons on a grand scale. Let me tell you, if I didn't know
about the inferior quality of Mega Bloks, I'd be buying their sets by the
armful. They have a very impressive lineup. I had lots of company in the
Mega Bloks aisle.

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message

I have not bought a single set of the MEARSK set because of bley. I am not
hurt
by any loss of my collection. I am not sitting on 10 sets and waiting for
profit
for myself.

But I always thought LEGO had higher ethical standards. But for a handful
dollars they kick us AFOLs in the face. Next they might produce in China
and
take profit out of children working in dark basements sorting bricks into
boxes.
That will be more cost effective than danish adult employees. I would dam
that.
Even if the LEGO management feels forced to do so for profits sake.

Leg Godt!

Ben

My favorite author Hans Henny Jahnn wrote:
"Everybody is open to bribery - only the sum that has to be spent
determines the
character."

TLC's character is not more worth than the character of the average street
whore. For a handful money they both will do everything.