 LEGO Company / 2963
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Is it unreasonable to expect that they
will do what they say they are going to do?

This, In my not at all humbly opinion, is the core-question in this entire
thread. Unfortunately it seems the answer is "It is."

Actually, the core question is more directly this: Should LEGO customers feel
entitled to tell LEGO how to conduct their business? Unfortunately, several
people here believe they do feel so entitled, by doing LEGO the favor of
purchasing their product(s).

The second question is: Why does it bother nobody that the answer is "it is"?
Everybody seems just fine with it.

It seems there is an expectation mismatch. LEGO sold a set. But it seems some
people bought the set along with what they considered an implication of future
services from LEGO (specifically, to maximize future value of that set).

My suggestion for everyone who feels they deserve more from LEGO on this matter:
call LEGO, ask them to provide that service promise. In writing.

{Kelly}