 LEGO Company / 2956
Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego, David Koudys wrote:
For the love of all things--I'm fast approaching 0 sympathy for those folks that
buy LEGO sets just for the sake that 'someday' the sets'll be worth more.

I got to 0 already because I keep getting this picture in my head:
[comic book guy]
Oh my gosh!  The release will reduce the collectibility of my sets from 5 of
14000 to 5 of 2x000!  I must go to the internet and complain!
[/comic book guy]
every time I see the new word "collectibility"...  Come on shouldn't the (C)2005
on the new release preserve the "collectibility" of the (C)2004 sets? :D

To me the limited nature of the ship is what kept me from buying a single one.
I like the design and the pieces selection, but I have no interest collecting a
colour which will certainly die.  The limited number of available piece would
make using that colour in MOC rather difficult, and I have enough sorting
headache with blays and more orange+brown than on a pH paper.

The real bad news is the dark blue version may become unavailable.

Again I say, if you're so upset by what is probably a sound business decision fo
the company, but not a sound business decision for whiny collectors who have
little respect for the product beyond the market value of 'collector sets', then
stop with the LEGO already.

Or they can suck it up like Gundam and transformer fans and hoard the re-colours
and re-issues over and over. :p

Since they have to re-print the box anyway, I would suggest LEGO put new photos
on the new box to make those rabid collectors happy.