 LEGO Company / 2898
Re: 10152 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:51:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mark de Kock wrote:

Hi!
Your last sentence first:

ps: sorry for this unusual harsh comments from me, but sometimes I am realy
disgusted by some of the so-called "fans" of the brick...

You don't have to excuse yourself for that, it's your right if you feel like
that.

But I wonder about your comment:
When I first read your comment, I was shocked. Then awed, then disgusted.
Your reaction is exactly the kind that makes me sick. Buying up large quantities
of a "rare" set just to make money on them when you resell them! By doing this,
you will artificially raise prices, keeping us less-wealthy people out of the
hobby.
And don't reply with terms as 'collector' when you only see the dollar signs.
Because if you weren't talking about money,

I indeed didn't talk about making money and it's not my thing buying ANY sets to
resell them. I buy sets and parts just to HAVE them and build with them or to
put them on the shelf for looking at them.

When any company of toys or other stuff releases a "Limited Edition" and
promises it contains the last parts of a certain condition (in this case maersk
blue bricks) they make this item a "collectible" item.

And when they re-release the same item with the same prosperities they betray
the buyers of that limited item and lie on the market.
There is no discussion and apology at that facts.

let me ask you this:
Is the Maersk ship not as great a model anymore, now that more people may enjoy it?

It's a great model indeed and fine for the buyers who missed the first run.

Because that IS what you say in your post...

No, wanted to say what I tried to explain above.

Friendly regards
Ronald