 LEGO Company / 2762
2761  |  2763
Subject:
I love lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:49:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I love Lego.

I love creating something totally new that has never been seen before.
I love building MOCs in my favorite themes.
I love seeing other people's creativity and how they can come up with something
new and innovative that I would never have thought of.
I love the idea of buying a set with its constituent parts of Lego pieces,
instructions alternate models on the box etc.

There are so many aspects of Lego that I love, I can't list them all here.

Do you know what it is that I love the most about Lego?

It is the backwards compatibility, the quality, and innovation.

That is to say that I know a set I received as a child 20 years ago is
essentially the same as one that I bought in 2004 and that is a rare thing
indeed. It is testament to the principles that TLC stood by in those years.

But at the same time, Lego is always changing.  New parts, new themes, and
new colors constantly add to the possibilities.  And no matter what new things
Lego comes up with, they still fit together with the same click they always
did when I was a kid.

Like the changing nature of the toy market, TLC has never been afraid to
innovate.  They are in touch with the needs of their core audience better than
any other traditional toy company, and have kept pace with the changing needs of
the market remarkably well, ensuring that our favorite toy will still be with us
for many years to come.

I look forward to many years of fun with TLC.  I will continue to buy new
sets as well as old sets off eBay and Bricklink and teach children to enjoy
both new and old sets and I will teach them myself the values that you have
always stood for and continue to stand for.

So thanks to TLC for what you created in the past, continue to create, and
will create in the future, the ideals it represents, and the enjoyment it
continues to give me.

This is just the beginning.

Bill