 LEGO Company / 2749
2748  |  2750
Subject:
I love Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:18:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I love Lego.

I love creating something totally new that has never been seen before.
I love building MOCs in my favorite themes.
I love seeing other people's creativity and how they can come up with something
new and innovative that I would never have thought of.
I love the idea of buying a set with its constituent parts of Lego pieces,
instructions alternate models on the box etc.

There are so many aspects of Lego that I love, I can't list them all here.

Do you know what it is that I love the most about Lego?

It is the backwards compatibility and the quality.

That is to say that I know a set I received as a child 20 years ago is
essentially the same as one that I bought in 2003 and that is a rare thing
indeed. It is testament to the principles that TLC stood by in those years.

But now that has changed. The 2004 sets use different colors that don't match
the parts I already have and the quality of the parts and the instruction
manuals is not what it used to be.

I don't care why TLC made these changes. It's very simple, TLC is a company and
I am a customer. The company changed what made Lego great and now the customer
doesn't want the product anymore.

This is it for me and TLC, I will continue to buy old sets off eBay and
Bricklink and when I have children they can play with my old sets and I will
teach them myself the values that you once stood for.

So thanks to TLC for what you created in the past, the ideals it represented and
the enjoyment it gave me.

This is the end.

Goodbye.

Matthew