 LEGO Company / 2580
Re: Problems with Lego Digital Designer-Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:02:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Anders Isaksson wrote:
John Pannell wrote:
The main problem I am having is with the squares that are supposed to
show the different bricks available on the main program screen. They
are very hard to see and most I cannot tell what they are unless I
select one.

They *are* a bit difficult to see, yes. But a graphics problem can of course
make it worse...

This is how it looks on my screen:
http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122952/lddplay.jpg
There's absolutely *no* possibility to see that the first three green
squares are in fact 8x8 base plates (well, maybe you can deduce it from
their thin-ness?)!

One last thing,sorry,on the boot up screen , the eight( if I remember
right) squares shown there also have nothing showing in them at
all.The only thing other than the small "loading" bar is the message
saying all 218 bricks have loaded.Is 218 right?

I also get 218. The ten (!) squares are for your saved models, as long as
you haven't saved anything, nothing is shown. I'd guess you get some kind of
scroll controls when you have more than ten models.

See my example at: http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122952/lddload.jpg
(It wasn't complete when I grabbed the screen dump, so it only shows "217
brick types")

Thanks for the reply.Man, I can actually tell what your are.I can actually see
the three green plates, for the first time. If mine were even half that good,
but the best I can get them is with about the bottom half of all of them just
gone.Plus,yours does show the parts as they are loading, just above the loading
bar.Mine is either totally mesed up or just the top half  can be seen.It  looks
like a small cutting plane just goes straight across each icon.But back on the
main screen, your jpg  of yours really just flipped me out cause I had no idea
that it would look so good, and can tell what things are, they even have their
true colors.
I do not know how to do a screen dump, like you did, or I would do it to show
you.
I have tried every setting on the first 'preferences' screen  and in 'high' is
when I can get a little better  'half'picture of them.But even selecting the
new'factory' pallette, the green base plates have never been there.
I am just totally lost.I downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card from
ATI but on the main screen  it made the small icons worse yet and when I picked
one, it had what can only be described as very small writting (words) ,or so it
looked like it, on them all plus what looked like square holes by each stud, and
on the sides.Never have I seen anything like this.
I'm still lost. Thanks again.