 LEGO Company / 2282
Re: Friday morning question: How are the AFOLs comics working?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:07:17 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
I'm just preparing for a team update meeting at the end of the month and had an
open question for your all.

How are the AFOLs working out?

How are you using them? Are they interesting to "sleeper" AFOLs? Have you heard
any stories about how they have been received? How many have you given out?

I know this is still early since most of you have had them in your hands only a
few weeks, but never too late to start a discussion!

Thanks in advance!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Development

We just had our first club meeting since Brickfest last night.  Some of the
comics were given to members for further distribution.  I know a few people who
are 'on the bubble' AFOLs and this may be the push they need.  Unfortunately I
haven't hooked up with them since BF.

The bulk of the comics will be kept for our upcoming train show in October.  One
thing we are planning for the show is to put inserts into each one with our club
information, giving local sleepers a direct link back to our group.  I hope
that's alright.  We'll be sure to let you know how that goes.

What's the thinking on making some of these available at certain retail outlets?
There's a local store in Ottawa that always has a big pile of discounted older
sets.  There may be a few sleepers that shop there, but just leaving a pile of
the comics at the store is probably not the most efficient use of them.