 LEGO Company / 2256
Re: My Own Train - Special Offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:13:01 GMT

Give it up.  Enough of the whining already.

These deals literally were "warehouse/storage sales", where they had damaged product
they wouldn't sell retail in such shape.

I believe Europe S@H does the same from time to time, and certain AFOLs just don't
mention it at large, to keep getting the parts at killer prices (prove me wrong -
show me where some of the parts showing on Bricklink in large quantities in the last
year or 2 have been produced in ANY set within the last 10 years).

And non-US S@H sites continue to occasionally list parts packs from decades past,
simply because they found a pallet or boxes of them here or there, and wanted to
sell them off (garage door pack and boxcar door packs, for example, a couple of
years ago).

While your prices may be higher, at least *you can get* many items that the US will
never see.

Christian Treczoks wrote:

Jake McKee wrote:
Thanks to ILTCO for their support in getting these offers pulled together. As
this is a "warehouse cleaning sale", so to speak, it's North American only. We
are working to find similar deals for Europe in the future.
The biggest deal would be fair prices for Europe instead of us funding
the American market...

Yours, Christian Treczoks

--
Tom Stangl