 LEGO Company / 172
    article about the enfield situation —Carsten Sorensen
   Lego To Shut Enfield Plant, Lay Off 94 By MATTHEW KAUFFMAN The Hartford Courant November 28, 2000 Lego will lay off 94 workers and shut down its Enfield-based manufacturing plant in response to a multimillion-dollar net loss this year, the company (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego)

        Re: article about the enfield situation —Nathan McDowell
   (...) Do they even understand that one of the reasons they're losing money is because they're dumbing down their educational building toy product? They start losing money (for the first time ever, apparently) around the same time as they introduce (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego)

        Re: article about the enfield situation —Paul Gyugyi
   Much as I'd like to believe that, I bet money was wasted on other things, trying to "grow the brand". I wonder how much they blew on the RockRaiders, with the comic scenes and video game and total-theme research. I wonder the same about Action Team. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego)