 LEGO Company / 164
    Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant —Tim Courtney
   (...) Never been to the factory, but from the pictures I've seen, that's reasonable. (...) Yup :-( Understanding the true bulk ordering system a few of the NZ AFOLs got and how long/hard it was to get...doesn't sould too fun. (...) Yeah.. :\ I don't (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant —Christopher Masi
   (...) I am unclear about what parts of the Enfield plant are closing. Obviously, the molding facility is closing, but what do they mean by the processing ( (URL) ). It was a long time ago (1987) but there were more than 100 people working in the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Further Article on Lego ceasing Manufacturing at Enfield, CT location —Will Middelaer
     (...) It sounds like they are just closing a small part of it, the manufacturing side. They are keeping the distribution and headquarters in Enfield. An article from my local paper: Lego To Shut Enfield Plant, Lay Off 94 By MATTHEW KAUFFMAN The (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Further Article on Lego ceasing Manufacturing at Enfield, CT location —Mike Petrucelli
     <snip> (...) If the preceeding paragraph does not finally convince TLC and some skeptics here that AFOL's make up a significant chunck of the market, I don't know what will. Personally I think the Life on Mars sets are a huge step in the right (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego To Close Molding, Processing at Enfield, CT plant —Tim Courtney
   (...) Enfield's WAY too big to shut down the whole works on something like this. All of their Americas marketing is done out of there, distribution, etc. There's a HUGE shows & events department there - probably 30,000+ sq ft of workspace and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)