 LEGO Company / 1262
  Minifig heads

So, I was thinking about the fact that minifig heads/torso's come attached this morning, and suddenly I started wondering "why do they do this anymore?" It used to be that this was necessary for packaging, since minifig torso/heads were displayed (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) I thought it was so they didn't scare children with beheaded minifigs (legless minifigs presumably being deemed less harrowing.) Psi (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) Then why don't they put on the minifigs' neckwear, such as capes? Having to pull off Harry's head to put on his cape is scary. My 9-year-old daughter still asks me to do that for her. /Eric M/ (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) The cloth capes I can completely understand them shipping seperately, since they box them up for protection. If they attached them to the minifig torsos, they'd be all mangled up when you open the box, and that's no good. (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) Of course that is why, although I think that problem is solvable. However, you took my comment out of context. I was asserting that if they left the head attached to the torso out of concern for young children seeing headless torsos, then they (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) The true irony here is that I started to explain a reason for why the heads are still attached, but I got halfway through it and decided that it was superfluous to the cape bit, so I trimmed that part out. (...) I suspect it might have (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

any chance they print the heads while they're attached to the torsos? (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) It's highly doubtful. Not only are they not all lined up perfectly when you pull them from the box (which should be the case if they're all oriented the same way in a custom-fit puck as they go through the paint line), but I've even got at (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HwICGG.1o4F@lugnet.com... (...) Are you sure? When I was at the Lego Land in CA, they had a walkthrough of a factory-like setting where the LEgo logos were printed on 2x4 bricks. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

(...) There are some seriously quick-drying paints out there (road crews have to use paint that dries fast enough that the next car behind the paint crew won't completely screw it up when driving over it). The speed at which your paint dries will be (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HwLo95.vuw@lugnet.com... (...) Maybe the legs are actually painted assembled for the alignment. That'd be more doable than the torsos, since the painting on the legs would not (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Minifig heads

"Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:HwLH0r.22Br@lugnet.com... (...) of a factory-like setting where the LEgo logos were printed (...) other. Still, the heads are probbly attached seperately. (what (...) head alignment (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.lego)