 Inventories / 594
Re: New 1 x 2 x 2/3 slope in 2008?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   A-ha! Thanks. (thanks Purple Dave as well) I hadn’t seen that part yet.

There are a few odd pieces coming out this year, and some of them got a jump start with the early “January” releases that started showing up in December. Others, we’ll just have to wait for. One of the other new pieces that I’m really geeked about is found in the nose of the new micro-scale Ferrari F1 racers, which is a 1x4 version of the 1x3 curved slope. You can also make out several instances of the same piece in the pics of the upcoming Speed Racer sets.

   Hmmm, I wonder how two of them side by side would look as a ladder or steps up to a train engine or something.

Not that great. They’re not like the grille tiles where the slots extend all the way to the edge. Instead, there’s about 1/16” between the ends of the slots and the side of the part, meaning that two of them side-by-side would have a full 1/8” vertical beam between the two sets of steps. That’s more than the thickness of a tile. Better stick with the 1x2 plate w/ ladder for that sort of thing.