 Inventories / 576
Re: Peeron Inventory Correction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 05:41:53 GMT

In lugnet.inv, David Koudys wrote:
Not to steal John's thunder...

But I was building Set # 6856-1: Planetary Decoder ('cause I thought I had all
the bits from my garage sale-ing/flea marketing/auction buying)

So I go to Peeron and gather up all the pieces listed there, then I go to the
instructions.

On Peeron--

1 4032 Black Plate 2 x 2 Round

In the build instructions--

Step 4 on this page--

http://www.peeron.com/scans/6856-1/11

Step 10 on this page--

http://www.peeron.com/scans/6856-1/13

I think that's 2 of those black round thingies that you need to build this :)
(1)

After building it, there were no left over pieces from the Peeron inventory.
Unsure if any extra pieces came in the original box.

Take care,

Dave K
1 - black round thingy is a technical term for those of you that missed it

Just consider yourselve lucky that you found any legos in a garage sale.  I
looked for 13 years in Burbank, Studio City and Thousand Oaks and never found
one lego for sale. Everyone had legos, but they were saving them for their kids
or grandkids.  No one sold lego at garage sales there.  I looked here in El Paso
and have not found any.  Around Christmas I would put an ad in the paper that I
buy legos and found a good deal of success with that path because people needed
money for Christmas.
As for the inventory please send any corrections to Peeron.  They are a bit slow
on changing what they have wrong, maybe about 10 corrections a week at the most.
But if enough people note mistakes and let them know change will insue.
Bricklink is a bit better, but there are still a few mistakes there but not on
the scale that is on Peeron.  I believe that they want things to be correct, but
once an inventory is posted contentment sinks in.  As for what I am doing. I am
on the little accessory/parts packs and sending pictures in.  Not many
corrections as the number of bricks changed a lot over the years so there are
many correct answers to what was in the little boxes.  Once that is finished I
only have the Town Plan sets to go and I will be done.  I have sent in thousands
of pictures of sets and parts and many hundreds of corrections and the
volunteers that help have done a good job keeping up with all the pictures and
the two people that update have there hands full I would guess.
If anyone has any information on the town plan's content please let me know.
The sets that I will end on are 717, 725 and 810.  I have several of each and am
dreading doing them because so little is know and contents changed over the
years and different places they were sold.
John P