 Inventories / 180
Re: Database integration with LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 06:22:12 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Mike Crowley wrote: (snip)

Holy kickboxing babies, Batman, that’s some great news!

If Peeron and LEGO’s parts inventory databases are intimately linked, and parts lists could be floating around in there for sets on file and awaiting production, might I be able to do an Inventory Submission through Peeron for a non-existent set that I’ve been longing to see made, upload it directly into LEGO’s mainframe, and possibly sneak it under their radar directly into their manufacturing process? They might inadvertently mistake it for one of their own designs and mass produce it! Sweet beans of Betsy! Could this really be? Will I truly have the power to covertly lay the groundwork for the realization of (dare I dream it) an entire line of completely Flesh-toned Bionicles!!! It’d be like a dream come true! Get ready for the Toa Nuda!

-Mike “Count Blockula” Crowley (*also fantasizing about a complete line of UCS Duplo sets*)

You know, reading your post brought up the idea of pre-emptive MOCs.

and UCS Duplo I would seriously consider buying. For my niece, of course!

Joe Meno
.space paparazzi!