 Instructions / 713
Re: Questions about backuping peeron downloded scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:32:50 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Eduardo Vazquez Harte wrote:
So the point is

1 What do u suggest?
You can zip the jpg files together into one file per set, if you just want to
reduce the number of files. There are also more advanced file types made to
combine small files, if you know how to use them.

2 Does Lego have the old LEGO and not only SW scans in pdf for us to
download?
Lego has provided Peeron many scans, not just SW. I doubt they have PDF's of
older sets. Many of those were probably done by hand.
The scans Lego currently provides its customers can be found at their site:
http://club.lego.com/eng/buildits/default.asp (and other places on that site).

3. Why don't you stick to a certen dpi in peeron?
The scans at Peeron are donated (both time and effort) by the fans. They were
provided free of charge by Brickshelf (and all who supported that), and now are
offered free of charge by Peeron (and all who support that). Those scans have
been collected for years, from fans with widely differing abilities and
equipment.

If you'd ever taken the time to actually scan each page of a instruction book,
you'd be a little more appreciative of the effort. Peeron will accept updates to
any of the scans in the database. If the current scan does not meet your
requirements, you are welcome to submit an improvement.

Clark