 Harry Potter / 80
Re: When's the next book?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:34:36 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Steve Bliss writes:

Maybe Rowlings is using the extra time to do the "I've stumbled through
this far by luck, but now I'd better step back and make a roadmap for the
rest of it" thing.

From what I've heard, Rowlings actually had the whole seven book series
mapped out before she sat down to really write the first one. She knew that
each book would chronicle one year at Hogwort's, the developing of
relationships and all that. To what extent the plots and subplots were
detrailed ahead of time I don't know. I thinl this is why the books hold
together so well and why the HP universe sems so cohesive, consistant and
enthralling.

Jonathan