 Harry Potter / 668
Re: First Impressions: Diagon Alley - 4723
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:42:19 GMT

I have to agree with a previous message about piece content vs set
creativity.  I do think that the HP sets are lacking in a lot on the
building side.  4721, 4722, and 4723 just don't do it for me.  Granted, I
love some of the pieces they have made (and personally, I'm really looking
forward to getting my hands on a Hagrid!), but they seem to have done so at
the cost of sets themselves.

KEith

From: "Troy's Surplus Lego" <legosales@tcphoto.net>
To: lugnet.harrypotter@lugnet.com
Subject: First Impressions:  Diagon Alley - 4723
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:23:17 GMT

I've just finished building set 4723 Diagon Alley which my brother picked
up
this afternoon at Walmart and was nice enough to let me play with.

Overall I like the set, it has alot of interesting parts in interesting
colors.  I must say it is a bit difficult to look at when you assemble it
and mix all those colors together though!

Some observations:

There are actually two different shades of orange in the set.  The
"cabinets" are a lighter orange which appears to be the same as the clam
from the star wars sets.  Everything else is the standard orange.  The
broom
looks kinda orange, but doesn't match any color I recognize.

The set comes with 2 8 x 8 plates.  One is the Statue of Liberty Green and
one is a light 'mint' green.

Hermione's torso is light blue.

There are 4 "cabinets", 3 orange, 1 turquise, with 2 white doors and 4
white
drawers.

Green frog, light gray owl, dark gray rat, white kitten.

Gems in trans light blue, trans dark pink, trans green.  Trans dark pink
treasure chest and "wine jug".  Light saber blades in trans light blue,
trans red, trans neon, trans dark pink.  (NOT purple)

Trans dark blue 1 x 2 tile with stars printing.

Well, that's it for now.  Let me know if there are any questions.

Troy