 Harry Potter / 508
507  |  509
Subject:
Harry Potter Lego - my feelings and verdict....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:18:00 GMT

Hola,

Thought I might share my veiws of the new Harry Potter Lego line, set by
set.  I got to say the entire line looks excellent and well thought out.
Good to see that Lego have returned to a modular system that allows all sets
to combine.  Lots of great new pieces...I'm so glad I have waited for HP
Lego before embarking on my major Castle MOCs.

4709 - Lots of castle wall segments in tan and the half cylinder wall with a
stone print.  Sand green slopes including a beville style tower.  That
wizard dude looks like he has a white turban (neat).  8 figures including
the giant. 4 of those new owls in 4 different colors.  The bad...a cloth
roof for the chapel(?), what a cop out.  I give it 9/10.

4705 - Is it me or does the black witch(?) have a glow-in-the-dark head?
Has one of the new brown doors with a window.  Reasonable cross section of
brick colors.  But only 2 figures, not that too an exciting set. 7/10.

4707 - Looks cool from what I can see....has the giant and an old wizard in
mauve.  Good assortment of bricks.  The bad...another cloth roof?  I reckon
it is so 8/10 for this set.

4708 - That's a really nice train even though I'm not into train Lego.
Contains that curvy duplo sign post in red andn quite a few figures.  Really
good stuff here and I don't think I can fault this set. 10/10.

4701 - Excuse me but this set is kinda whack.  You pay $8 for one figure and
a twirling fartknocker device....sorry this set gets 2/10.

4706 - Three headed dog...and he's a big bow-wow, kewl!!!  Has the three
student characters, spiral stair case, plants, lottsa bricks....really nice
set. 10/10.

4702 - Kinda like 4705 but half the size  and half the price.  Cool wizard
in purple and some kinda painting on a panel.  Pretty neat 8/10 cuz of the
purple wizard.

4704 - Again kinda similar to 4705 but fewer bricks.  Actually it seems very
similar and what the hell is that what mini-fig, a ghost?  Not as exciting
as 4705 so 6/10

'Nuff said,

Darth Joules