 Harry Potter / 344
Re: First True Harry Potter Pics!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:53:35 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, René Hoffmeister writes:
Hi,

I've uploaded the first true Harry Potter pictures, see

http://www.1000steine.de/harrypotter/

Regards, René
www.1000steine.de

Yep, like others, I'm skeptic.  These sets, while following TLC's "bad
design, good parts" record, just don't look Lego.  If they are, I'll gladly
eat crow, and go ahead and buy some of these, for the parts (I can't get
over that spiral staircase...I don't think it's one solid piece, but rather,
made of 3 or 4 "sections") and for the minifigs/accessories.

I also have a lot of cons and nitpicks with these sets.  For starters, lots
of 1x2x5's, which can be good or bad, but this many is...too damn many.
Then you have the plastic roofs.  I mean, come on...

All in all, they look ok, but not great.  I had better hopes for these sets.

-Chris