 Harry Potter / 272
Re: Question from someone who's not a fan.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:25:05 GMT

in article GF16yH.E52@lugnet.com, Chris Cochran at g0ne@wongfaye.com wrote
on 6/16/01 12:25 PM:

Hey, I've never read the books and know very little about the story,
so I was just wondering how much interest the sets will be to castle fans?

Also When are the set to be released,
and where/when Can I see pics/info on them?
This site is the first I've heard of them.

Thanks,
Chris.

I am coming from the same angle as you Chris, and having seen images of
three of the sets, I would say that the three I saw would definitely be of
interest to castle fans (although I'm not really a castle fan either). The
figures won't be of too much interest, except for new hair pieces. I'm sure
the HP hair piece could look good on peasants.

The sets will be of most interest if you want to add a wizard theme to your
castles, or want to add furnishings to your castles, since that seemed to be
the focus of two of the sets.

I think the largest set will be of great interest. A number of newer pieces
that have not been used or decorated for castle use are. Plenty of gray
bricks, and the architecture is really neat. There was one figure in this
set that had on a full suit of armor. Not sure if it was supposed to be an
actual character or just a statue, but it was a regular mini-fig. Also the
creator-based fig will pass as a good giant in any castle setup. I'm not
into HP or castle, but I am considering getting this set.

So while you might want to pass on the train, and the minifigures might not
be of too much use, I think most of the sets will be of great interest to
castle fans as parts, components, or pieces.

BTW, there are no pictures on the web yet. What I saw was photocopied
enlargements, probably from a catalog sent only to store managers. Family
Toy is willing to make space on the shelves now, but they are also not a
store that hurts for space. They always seem to carry a KB level of stock in
a TRU size store (I exaggerate a bit). They also made shelf space for
Dinosaurs, Bionicle Rahi (which are due in August, but could be out in
July), and Bionicle masks (which someone was claiming would be in stores on
Friday, but weren't).

Rob