 Harry Potter / 206
Re: Harry Potter Creator box art
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 22:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Does anyone remember if this was the set number for the "Hogwart's Express"
set or a different set number. If it is that number, that means Hogwart's
Express is a game, not an addon to the Train line.

Not sure how I feel about that, relieved or disappointed.

Since none of the games have set numbers, at least not prominently like
that, and there is a big Creator set with a video, I'm betting that it
is a set, with CD-ROM. If so, there may not be much of a price premium
for the CD-ROM (the Creator set with the video is comparable in price
per part to the other Creator sets).

That'd be nice, but it feels like a game, somehow. Time will tell, but don't
most sets tend to feature the item that the set contains prominently? This
cover seems to focus on the characters with the castle, etc as backdrop. At
least you'd think they'd show the whole train.

Also, and it's hard to be definitive, because it looks like a generated
image (check the corners, it looks like two images pasted together) not a
box, but the box looks like a game slipcover. And remember, it was shown at
E3. That's a gaming show, not just general electronics or toys.

We shall see.

++Lar