 Harry Potter / 1375
Re: order of the phoenix, spoiler thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:48:27 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Erick Jensen wrote:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Hi all,

Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert.
Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert.
Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert. Spoiler alert.

So I just finished the new book yesterday and am thinking of Lego versions.  I
was wondering what sets you think LEGO might produce from this book if they
still have a license by that point (I think the license is tied to the movies,
not the books).  There's not a lot I could really think of, given that most
locations would have come up in previous books, but here's what I see:

Classrooms:  While they're not key to the action, both Divination classrooms
would make great settings, both the one in the tower and then the one that looks
like a forest inside.  The first, of course, might be a set for movie 4.

Umbridge's office:  Not sure what there would be in this aside from a desk, a
fireplace, and portraits of cats.  Maybe Harry's broom attached to a chain.

The Room of Requirement could be good.

The Hog's Head:  At some point they'll start making scenes from Hogsmeade, and
this would be an okay addition.  I'm not so sure about the tea shop.  How would
you advertise that in the catalog:  "Recreate the awkward scene where Harry
offends Cho.  Can you stop him from putting his foot in his mouth again?"

12 Grimauld Place:  This could be good.  It would have to include Sirius and
Kreacher figures, the painting of Sirius' mother, a fire place.

The Department of Mysteries:  This could be several sets, as each of those rooms
could be interesting.  Lots of Death Eather minifigs.

Other than that, I can't think of many locations.  As far as new
minifigs/creatures, there would need to be:
Umbridge
Kreacher
Cho (if she hadn't been released in a movie 4 set)
Luna
Centaurs--use the normal horse body mold, but in place of the head have a piece
that minifig torsos can attach to.
Grawp, perhaps as a molded figure like the Troll on the Loose set.
Tonks

Of course, there would be lots of key figures that would be released in movies 3
and 4 sets:  Dementors, Sirius, Fudge, Moody, Lupin (with double sided head?),
Death Eaters

Anyway, what other sets do you think LEGO would release?  Or what MOCs are you
planning on making?

Bruce

I haven't read the book yet, but regarding the book 3 figs, do you think LEGO
would produce the Dementors and Death Eaters?  The theme is kinda morbid.  And
would they even attempt to use the term Death Eaters?  I'll be curious to see
how they handle that part in the coming year.  I'm also pumped to see what they
do with Sirius and the whole animal morphing thing.  I want a minifig dog/wolf
for my wolfpack figs.  Oh and does anybody think that we'll see an Azkaban
prison set?  It's supposed to be the most miserable place ever and drives people
mad or to death.  I'd like to see some seriously dark/gothic sets.

e.

Hey Erick,

I think that the fireplace in Umbridge's office could have a revolving door with
Sirius head on one side and flames on the other. The Azkaban sets could be
combined to make a giant Notre  Dame castle\cathedral. I once started making
small models that could be combined to make Azkaban,but it didn't have dementors
and it ended up being a part of a really sick Alkatraz-type theme.

Later,

Joshua