 Harry Potter / 1310
Re: Question about 4720 Knockturn Alley
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:13:41 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Greg Perry writes:
I was gazing at the pictures in my new Late Spring 2003 S@H catalog and I
noticed an element in the new Harry Potter set for Knockturn Alley that I'm
curious about.

The piece appears to be a 1x2 decorated tile with a picture of a hand (human
not mini-fig) on it.  Can anyone tell me what the significance of this piece
would be in this context?

I read the first two HP books a couple of years ago and haven't seen the
second movie yet so I can't remember where Knockturn Alley fits into the
storyline (it may be from the third book for all I know).

To me, the piece looks like it might be intended to be an unlit Hand of Glory.

What is it supposed to be really (if not a H.o.G.)?

Thanks,

Greg

In the book, Harry accidentally uses Floo power and winds up in Knockturn
Alley, a sort of Diagon Alley for dark wizards.  He hides in a closet and
watches Mr. Malfoy sell some illegal wizarding junk (biting teacups,
shrinking keys, etc.) to a shop.  Malfoy's spoiled brat, Draco, tells Mr.
Malfoy he wants to have a dead, withered hand in the shop window.  Mr.
Malfoy declines and they both leave to buy Draco a racing broomstick
(presumably at Quality Quiddich Supplies).

In the movie, Harry examines the dead hand and suddenly gets his own hand
caught.  He yanks it free and runs out to the street where he meets Hagrid.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO