 Harry Potter / 1265
Re: Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:44:14 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Stu Curtis writes:
As found in today's Metro, Thursday January 16, 2003, pg. 9:

"Author JK Rowling yesterday announced the publication date for the next
Harry Potter book - and hinted at a shocking twist in the tale.

The long-awaited fifth installment, Harry Potter And The Order Of The
Phoenix, will hit bookshelves on June 21.

Sounds pretty interesting, but once again, I'll
probsbly have to fight the inherent urge to buy
this book, although I'm very tempted to get it
anyway.

Publisher Bloomsbury says the £16.99 volume is almost a third longer than
its predecessor, Goblet Of Fire, which came out two-and-a-half years ago.

So around 1000 pages, eh? A thick fix of
reading, If I must say. (assuming it's
released early in june, that would be a
nice month of reading.)

<snip>

But there were suggestions that Rowling, one of Britain's wealthiest women,
had lost her magic touch after the latest book failed to materialise on time.

And we'll just have to see if these suggestions
materialize into reality. (hopefully not, or that
would be a waste of the perfect book title!)

She denied she was suffering writer's block, insisting she had been
concentrating on her marriage to Dr Neil Murray, whom she wed on Boxing Day
in 2001.
They are expecting a child in the spring. Rowling also has a nine-year-old
daughter, Jessica, by a previous marriage.
Bloomsbury, which saw its share price soar by four per cent yesterday, has
already received the new manuscript.
Chief executive Nigel Newton siad: 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The
Phoenix is absolutely superb and will delight all JK Rowling's fans.

Much incentive here to become an insider in the
printing industry...now how to go about it :)

'Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon
glasses. "It is time," he said, "for me to tell you what I should have told
you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you >everything.'

What stark revelations await Harry Potter? Well,
here's a little theory of mine. Perhaps Harry's
parents were members of a clandestine wizarding
order on the inside of the higher echelon (wizarding
intelligence agency?) spying on opposing wizards,
particularly dark sorcerers who took part in an
equally omnipresent order? Perhaps this clandestine
order a.k.a the Order of the Phoenix had not been
entirely dead, but now wishes to gather and destroy
the dark order assimilated by voldemort?  Maybe my
theories are crazy, but it's always possible.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y