 Harry Potter / 1264
1263  |  1265
Subject:
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:37:22 GMT

As found in today's Metro, Thursday January 16, 2003, pg. 9:

"Author JK Rowling yesterday announced the publication date for the next
Harry Potter book - and hinted at a shocking twist in the tale.

The long-awaited fifth installment, Harry Potter And The Order Of The
Phoenix, will hit bookshelves on June 21.

Publisher Bloomsbury says the £16.99 volume is almost a third longer than
its predecessor, Goblet Of Fire, which came out two-and-a-half years ago.

As booksellers braced themselves for a flood of orders, Rowling gave Harry
fans a tantalising taste of what to expect.

The new book begins: 'The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a
close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive...

'The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his
back in a flowerbed outside number four.'

Another excerpt, reproduced below, promises further startling revelations
about the boy wizard.

Goblet Of Fire became the fastest selling book ever on its first weekend of
release.

The first four installments of the planned series of seven books have sold
130 million copies in 47 languages and have dominated bestseller lists. the
Potter sales have also spawned two successful movies.

But there were suggestions that Rowling, one of Britain's wealthiest women,
had lost her magic touch after the latest book failed to materialise on time.

She denied she was suffering writer's block, insisting she had been
concentrating on her marriage to Dr Neil Murray, whom she wed on Boxing Day
in 2001.

They are expecting a child in the spring. Rowling also has a nine-year-old
daughter, Jessica, by a previous marriage.

Bloomsbury, which saw its share price soar by four per cent yesterday, has
already received the new manuscript.

Chief executive Nigel Newton siad: 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The
Phoenix is absolutely superb and will delight all JK Rowling's fans.

'She has written a brilliant and utterly compelling new adventure.'"

Of particular cause for excitement is the additional extract:

'Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon
glasses. "It is time," he said, "for me to tell you what I should have told
you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'

Only 156 days and counting!

Dr Stu C.
Glasgow