 General / 9955
9954  |  9956
Subject:
Thanks to Todd Lehman, Kevin Loch, and Lego!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:18:35 GMT

Hi everyone,

   I just had to drop a note to say thanks to these two gentlemen and to the
company that has provided me with hours(years?) of enjoyment!

   Todd, thanks for giving me an easy access venue for finding all the in's
and out's of Lego!!  Without Lugnet, I don't think I would have returned from
my Dark age.

   Kevin, thanks for all the hard work you have put into scanning all the
instructions and catalogs over at brickshelf!!  You have given me the
oppurtunity to attempt to re-build some of the sets I had when I was younger
eventhough I don't have the proper pieces.

   Lego, thanks for building a toy that has lasted through the ages.  I would
also like to commend your decision to become more involved with the AFOL.  I
think it is important for Lego to realize that their product is not only used
by children.  Also Adults have the capacity to spend more on their product
then children.

   Since I am new to lugnet, I guess it is only appropiate that I introduce
myself.  I am 26 years old.  Just like most of you, I started playing with
Lego early in life.  Sadly, my interest changed over time and I slipped into a
Dark age around '87 and sold my collection.  It wasn't until I heard word of
the Robotics kit from Lego that my interest returned.  For the past two years
or so, I have been very busy building my new collection from all the various
Lego systems.  At first, I focused on Technic and Robotics, but it didn't take
long for me to branch into the other systems.

   Lastly, I want to thank all the people who have posted to Lugnet.  You have
provided me with many ideas and hours of entertainment.

- Jim Foulds