 General / 9944
Re: S@H said "not yet- wait 'till January"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:06:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Lannan writes:
In lugnet.general, Ben Roller writes:
   I got antsy after seeing Kevin's scans of the S@H catalogue and called • the
number.

Did you (or anyone else) ask:

1.  Prices on the stuff that we don't know yet
2.  If and when you can pre-order, especially the May, July, etc. sets
3.  When we'll see this stuff in stores

Also, did they act as if the sets were in the computer yet or not?

Ben Roller

(lugnet.starwars cut from followups)
She was mostly clueless and I didn't press it as much as I should have.

chris
I just called back and acted as though I was calling fresh. I claimed that I
had the catalogue from a snowspeeder box I myself had purchased. I just said
that I wanted to order sets 7144, 7134, 7115 and 7124. These sets are not in
the computer- S@H had NO info on them. I asked who I could call for release
info and they transferred me to customer service. The woman there also had no
info on release dates, except to say, not until Jan at least. She wanted to
know where I got the catalogue, and I told her at target in a 7130 box. She
sates that this was probably put in the box as a "mistake" I think this is
probably just a case of one arm of a very large company not knowing what
another part of it is doing. She did want my last name and zip- I gave her the
zip for scranton, PA, which is where I am right now, so they should have some
fun trying to track down a phantom shipment of 7130s with 2000 catalogues in
them, unless of course they're reading this post..... I don't even know if
there are targets here.

Chris