 General / 9917
9916  |  9918
Subject:
2000 lego stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 13:52:03 GMT

Here are my thoughts on the 2000 stuff

football stuff: lego's answer to the soccer table

starwars:
7185: lots of good brown parts
7115: tan dishes, kadus, gunguns. what more can i say?
7124: lots of green parts
7115: tan hatch piece, tan engine piece, o.k. looking tan saucers and
more tan
parts
7144: good green and brown parts, a few other new parts (windscreen for
starters)
7190: saucer hulls are the only way to do it without making it look crap
or
making it too expensive, good printing, though. good parts as well.
here's
hoping for chewie and 3po
7104: good brown parts
7134: red engine pieces and super low slopes
7180: good mix of parts. few new parts. i think this was done because
they were
making the parts anyway so it would be easy
7181,7191: jaw drops. pitty that the starwars wings are not used in
black on the
TIE but other than that they are good Is it just me or is the cockpit
for 7181
one of the large aquazone domes with some printing on it?
anyone know what the windscreen piece on 7191 is? (looking at the other
stuff
it appears in other colors in other sets...)

castle:
6094 reminds me of 6090 I hate the use of the revolving door piece on
the top
of the set and the use of the dark grey regular castle walls. i was
hoping for
light grey or black . the new smaller tower pieces are good. there is
still too
many "traps"... even one trap is too many IMHO
the use of a raised baseplate is not too good but anything is better
than ninja
and fright knights
pitty that the grey swords do not make a reappearence
use of the cyberslam cannon is not that good but i guess that they had 4
choices:
1.use a shooting cannon (but then they would have needed a non shooter
in the us
2.use the cyberslam cannon
3.use a special firing piece
4.use a rubber band type mechanisim or something like that
it does not look like there are very many completly new parts for 2000
in castle
(except the figs of course) but what there is is really good
I like the new catapult bucket

arctic:
looks to me like a chance to use a lot of the moulds that were/are used
for
spaceport
the prefab window/wall sections are accually good. they are not
juionerised
because that is what they really use way out there in the frozen
wastelands
i think that the windsurfer thing is out of place but i guess that they
had to
use up the last of the xtreme team moulds etc
no orange parka. mabie TLG saw the resemblence to kenny :)
lots of other good orange parts though. space nose, 2 x 2 convex corner
slopes!

town:
woohoo, we have fire trucks again! the new road pieces are cool. CAnt
wait to see some in datsville!

speed chasers:
looks like those cars where you have some kind of launcher and you make
them
go real fast to me

trains: nothing new here. bummer.

now we need a whole bunch of new groups...
lugnet.arctic anyone?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com