 General / 9693
    Re: historical gap for themes —Eric Kingsley
   <snip> (...) First I want to thank Selçuk for bringing this set to our attention. I know that I have ranted about this before so I won't go into much detail here. I just want to reiterate that I don't really like TLG's apparent stance on guns. I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: historical gap for themes —Michael Hopkins
   (...) Actually, Eric, quite the contrary. Guns (Arquebuses) were extremely important in the history of Feudal Japan. It is not uncommon to read accounts of 3000-4000 gunners taking place in large battles in the 1500's. In this regard, including guns (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: historical gap for themes —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) (URL) films of Akira Kurosawa are usually set in this general time frame for those who want inspiration. Bruce (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)