 General / 9531
Re: Lego 8448 Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 05:49:59 GMT

Whereabouts in Canada do you live?  I was wondering when 8448 would be
available in Canada - I'm dying to get one :)

Bryan, Sears has the 8448 Super Street Sensation is in their new
Christmas Wishbook.  You can order it through catalog sales.  I would
wait till the next sale on LEGO and order one (or two  :-).  They will
honor the sale.

Many Sears stores will not carry such an expensive set.  That is
really too bad.  They could sell many 8448's if they had them in
store; especially one built and on display.

Perhaps I will talk to the Chinook Mall store here and offer to lend
them my 8448.  I know it would help sales greatly at Christmas time.

Perhaps a bunch of AFOL should offer to do this for the large LEGO
retailers. Or we could offer to build one of their 8448 stock.

Of course the kids would love it.  At its price I'm not sure how many
would get it for Christmas, but some certainly.

I am more interested in the number of adults who would be interested
in the 8448.

You would not belief the number of adult males who just loved mine
when I showed it at a recent hobby show here in Calgary. Actually, all
of you would believe it.  :-)

Most attendees had no idea that LEGO sets like the 8448 are available.

Many guys (and a few gals) would buy it for themselves.  And many
spouses might purchase it for their significant other.

The LEGO group is definitely on the right track now.  Advertising this
model in men's magazines is the way to promote it.

I know I've sold quite a few for LEGO. I plan to buy at least one more
for myself as well... Maybe even two... :-)

<ICS>