 General / 9320
  Re: 50x50 grey baseplate? From what?

(...) Ya. Its old stock. :) The older ones are bigger than the new ones. I thought they were 52 though? I have 2 of them, and can remember as a kid adding a strip down the side of them to make them mesh with the 32x32 baseboards. James Powell (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  50x50 grey baseplate? From what?

Hey folks! My latest find includes a 50x50 baseplate, and I'm at a loss as to what this is from. It's two studs longer in both directions from the 48x48 baseplates I have (yeah, the biggies) that came from TRU and other places, but the studs have (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 50x50 grey baseplate? From what?

(...) So there are 52x52's as well? This one is certainly 50x50. Anything larger than 52? Adam bwappo@ee.net (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 50x50 grey baseplate? From what?

(...) The 50x50 was available from the late 1960's until probably the middle 1970's (not sure about the exact dates). I think that the reason they switched to the 48x48 was due to the fact that 4 of the 48x48 are the same size as 9 of the 32x32 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)